Saturday, August 18, 2007

week 8, # 19

Web 2.0 awards site.
I chose Library Thing. This site has multiple ways to play with books - uses tags to sort by type, wish list, genre, etc. One can see who else shares interest in a book. There is a list of authors who use Library Thing. I liked the option to be private, ease of entering books, list of groups to see who has similar interests. The Suggestions tab lead me to titles and authors new to me, lots of which sound interesting. (Oh dear, more books I want to read!)
The charges for entering a large library and sales items were a bit off-putting, but maybe necessary to maintain the site.
Library applications could be for book discussion clubs for patrons or CARRT or Great Books committee. With this there could be on-line discussion supplementing in person meetings.
It would also be good to compile lists for projects.
An altogether fun and useful site.

No comments: